We find when we fly that parents have to do most of the entertaining, but there are some great travel toys for the toddler and preschooler set that are just as much fun for parents to play too ... and may even give a parent a well-deserved break!
Experience has taught us to bring only items that:
- have few (or no) extra pieces that aren't securely attached to the game (or you will spend the majority of your time fishing things off the dirty airplane floor);
- pack easily and don't take much room and
- will hold attention and be reusable (at least for the flight home!).
We are big fans of DK Series Sticker Books and Mudpuppy Press Play Scenes, quality Magnetic Travel Games (like those made by eeBoo), low-tech creative fun like children's chopsticks (let toddlers 'fish' for their goldfish or raisins), crayons and drawing pads and Lacing Cards. See below for some of our other favorites.
Where to find more recommended travel toys?
- Our selection of high quality, family-tested, recommended products can be found at GoodLittleTraveler.com. Links to reputable vendors with even wider selections of travel toys and games can be found in the margin at left on that page as well.
- Also from GoodLittleTraveler.com,Travel Books for Children, equally appropriate for before you go and on the plane, are listed separately.
- JetWithKids.com - Plane Entertainment & Toys
- DeliciousBaby.com - Ten Great Travel Toys you Already Have at Home
Have a wonderful trip!